Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Pew from the Past

Whilst the last couple of years have been spent plying my trade in Wormholes, there was a time when I was part of a rather ruthless cartel of LowSec inhabitants in a system called Mai. Mai is a dead end 0.4 security system with one exit to HiSec space, well known for it's two kick out stations. For the longest time we farmed all manner of passers by and collected taxes on the PI resources until someone got it in their head that Capital bumping was a pretty good way to create some content.

Indeed it was, and many carriers, dreads and even a few supers fell to our trap. I won't go into the details of the trap as I believe they're still doing it to this day, but I did want to share this particular kill with you all, as it pales most of the Capitals we killed into insignificance.

Late one afternoon, just getting home from work I log in to Mai and am immediately hailed by Cracker101 that a Raven Navy Issue had just entered system. This is the depths of the AU TZ so most of our associates were either AFK or logged off, leaving the two of us to find our man.

I immediately reshipped to my Buzzard, warped off to an off scan safe spot, dropped combat probes and waited for intel on the position of our quarry. The information came back that he was near planet 6 and low on the horizon. So I positioned my probes at 8 AU resolution, right on planet 6 but about 2 AU below. Luck smiled upon me giving me a 100% solution on the next scan at 4 AUs, so I recalled my probes and warped in at 20 km's. It was at about this time that another AU TZ pilot logged in, just in time to join the madness.

Upon landing I am greeted by an acceleration gate but short range D-Scan tells me the Raven is still very close. I call Cracker to warp on me in his Vigilant while Detritus undocks his Proteus and begins aligning also. Cracker and I barrel through the gate to find our target around 20 km's ahead. Cracker points the Raven and I paint the target for whoring purposes and stay on field long enough to see Detritus' Proteus barreling through the gate. It's a level 5 mission so the moment my untanked Buzzard was yellow boxed I was aligning out, warping as the first blows struck my shield. The rest was left to Cracker and Detritus to finish off and the spoils were glorious, making it onto The Mittani's Awful Loss of the Day feature.


The loot fairy saw fit to not be a complete bitch for once. We took an A-Type Invulnerability field each, at the time worth over a billion a piece, and the rest went on the market to split at a later date. The Officer modules collected that day proved to be very difficult to sell, so instead we used them to bait HiSec gankers into shooting an uber tanked Impel carrying several billion in Officer modules as it "auto piloted" between Amarr and Jita. Kill rights were earned and lols were had as Tornados fired upon the 200K EHP Impel on the Jita undock and Uedama gate. If you ever feel like doing it yourself, get a set of Mid Grade Slave Implants, a Boosting Damnation with an Armoured Warfare Mindlink following you around and an Impel like the one below.

::Uber Impel::

Damage Control II
800mm Steel Plates II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Corpii A-Type Thermic Plating
Corpii A-Type EM Plating
Energized Armor Layering Membrane II

Medium Micro Jump Drive
Target Painter II

Prototype Cloaking Device I
Core Probe Launcher II

Medium Trimark Armor Pump II
Medium Trimark Armor Pump II

My only regret is that I was never able to lock a ganking Tornado before Concord popped it. Sacrifice some tank and the MJD for better scan resolution and you could get yourself some pretty funny kill mails. =]