Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Hecate to the Party

The Hecate has finally made it to Singularity and you can tool around with different fitting solutions on PYFA now. Unfortunately the 33% cycle time to the Armour Repairer in Defensive mode isn't enabled on the new PYFA files, so I'll be taking my best guess.

I forsee something like the fit below being common place in our fleets. Pumping out a very nice 524 DPS, just under 10K EHP and around a 200 DPS tank. It will also work very, very well in Class 4 Wolf Rayets where you can expect almost 1,400 DPS, admittedly at point blank range. Null will hit out to over 7 KM's for 374 DPS when needed also.

[Neutrons Local Rep]

Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Corpii C-Type Small Armor Repairer
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Damage Control II

5MN Y-T8 Compact MWD
Warp Disruptor II
Fleeting Propulsion Inhibitor I
Small Capacitor Booster II

Light Neutron Blaster II
Light Neutron Blaster II
Light Neutron Blaster II
Light Neutron Blaster II
Light Neutron Blaster II
Expanded Probe Launcher II

Small Ancillary Current Router I
Small Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Small Anti-Explosive Pump II

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I had grand plans, as I'm sure many others did, of Man tanking the Hecate given it's Hull bonus, but it just doesn't stack up against the Armour buffer. Coming in with 23.5K EHP in Armour/Defensive and around 18K in Hull/Defensive, it's a significant difference and, while the Hull tank is a bit lulzy, the lack of Logi to support it and the difficulty in fitting just doesn't make it worth while. Perhaps if you could stretch out your damage application by fitting Neutrons or even Ions, but the fitting just doesn't allow it, making it the same damage output but with lesser survivability.

[Electron Armour Buffer]

400mm Steel Plates II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Centum C-Type Energized Explosive Membrane
Damage Control II

5MN Y-T8 Compact MWD
Warp Disruptor II
Fleeting Propulsion Inhibitor I
Small Capacitor Booster II

Light Electron Blaster II
Light Electron Blaster II
Light Electron Blaster II
Light Electron Blaster II
Light Electron Blaster II
Expanded Probe Launcher II
[Offline]

Small Ancillary Current Router II
Small Trimark Armor Pump II
Small Trimark Armor Pump II

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

So, how do we Hull tank this bad boy? Well, I'm glad you asked. High DPS output, Ancillary Armour repairer taking advantage of the cycle time bonus and a Hull tank of 13.5K EHP for when your reps don't quite land in time. Pure theory crafting at this stage, but with 400 DPS, it looks like a good fit for most purposes.

[The Man Tank]

[Hecate, Hecate fit]

Small Ancillary Armor Repairer
Reinforced Bulkheads II
Reinforced Bulkheads II
Damage Control II

5MN Y-T8 Compact MWD
Warp Disruptor II
Fleeting Propulsion Inhibitor I
Small Capacitor Booster II,

Light Ion Blaster II
Light Ion Blaster II
Light Ion Blaster II
Light Ion Blaster II
Light Ion Blaster II
Expanded Probe Launcher II

Small Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Small Transverse Bulkhead II
Small Transverse Bulkhead II

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

You'll have noticed my mid slots haven't really changed from fit to fit. Sure you can go with scram if you like, but I think the web to maintain range control and the cap booster to keep you viable are absolutely essential. I've not tried dicking about with oversized prop mod fits because I'm not a fan of them personally. I find they die just as easily as the others in gang combat, which is invariably the situation I find myself in on most occasions.

The rail fits I've played with have been very disappointing, to say the least. This ship is easily outclassed by a beam fit Confessor or LML Jackdaw in both damage application and output. Stick to its strengths, face melting DPS in face to face combat, I say.

I'll be training this one to level 5 on release as I'm sure it'll replace our already successful but clearly inferior Enyo doctrine. Let me know if you see a different use for this ship.